Halloween Fun Ideas for Staying In
For my fellow Halloween junkies who also enjoy cozy nights in: Below are some ways that you can throw a festive celebration from the comfort of your own living room!
1. Invite your friends over for a movie marathon. My personal favorite films include “Hocus Pocus” and “Double, Double, Toil and Trouble.”
2. Play Halloween-inspired games outdoors, in the dark. “Ghosts in the Graveyard,” anyone? My nostalgia is at an all-time high!
3. Give yourself “Goosebumps.” Remember these old books? Don't forget your favorite scented candle!
4. Carve pumpkins. I still absolutely love carving pumpkins with my family. Oh—and don’t forget about the best part: the delicious baked pumpkin seeds!
5. Cook something. There are so many delicious fall dishes out there. Tackle that seasonal treat you’ve been wanting to try, and munch on it as you watch a scary movie! Another option: Have a potluck dinner with friends, and invite everyone to vote for their favorite dish.
6. Go to bed early. Seriously—sometimes a good night’s sleep is exactly the kind of celebration you need! You’ll wake up feeling refreshed and ready to attack the day (#NoHangoverClub #Winning).
7. Host a low-key dinner. Instead of throwing a crazy party, invite some friends over for a delicious fall meal (costumes optional!). Set up a homemade photo booth, and capture memories with tons of fun snaps and selfies. This is the perfect excuse to buy some adorable fall décor. Invite your friends to bring a Halloween-themed drink to share (think: candy corn-flavored martinis or apple cider margaritas).
8. Break out Mad Libs. Download some highly entertaining Halloween-themed Mad Libs—they’re guaranteed to make you giggle! Your inner child will thank you.
Have a Happy Halloween, everyone!